7 Reasons Why South Walton is the Best Place to Be in the Fall
Sure, summer beach trips are most often associated with sun, surf and sand. However, South Walton also offers countless beyond-the-beach activities to keep the whole family entertained during any season. For example, here are seven reasons why booking a fall trip here makes a whole lot of sense:
1. It's event season. When the temperature cools off, the world-class festivals of food and wine, art and even film begin. If you like a Gulf breeze, top-notch cuisine, the best domestic and international wines and watching a film under a canopy of stars, you can't miss fall events in South Walton.
2. There's nothing like dining with a view of the Gulf, especially when fall weather kicks in. What's more is that the food here lives up to that view! Whether you're looking for something romantic, festive or tasty-but-casual, there's a perfect spot overlooking the water that's just right for you.
3. Some of the best sunsets all year happen in the fall. Though sunsets can be unpredictable, October tends to be one of the best months for catching some mind-blowingly beautiful colors from the beach. And worst-case scenario, you'll still be on the beach in gorgeous weather as the sun goes down.
4. Unplugging from the stress of daily life is a cinch here. Reflect on the beauty of rare coastal dune lakes and commune with nature. Attend a variety of yoga and other fitness classes at the most scenic studio you've ever seen – the beach. Hike pristine state parks, take in world-class local art or peruse a unique bookstore. And don't forget the easiest way to unplug: stretching out on our sugar-white sand and forgetting about everything else.
5. You'll have a lot more fun watching the game here than you would on your couch at home. Any game you're looking for will be on somewhere. The only thing left to do is choose your backdrop, from classic sports bars with jumbo screens to hip lounges with beach views (or anything in between). Quite frankly, you don't even have to be all that interested in the game to enjoy watching it here.
6. You can get here and put your feet in the sand in no time flat. With two nearby airports and countless direct flights from many cities, you can fly in from nearly anywhere. Or, if you're located around the Southeast, you can quickly drive in and still make it in time for dinner.
7. Fall in South Walton can give you butterflies. When temperatures cool off, Monarch butterflies migrate to Mexico, and on their way, they love to make a pit stop here. Who can blame them?! There's even the annual Flutterby Arts Festival celebrating the migration with puppet shows, theatrical performances, arts and crafts and other kid-friendly activities.